Automatic Updates in Mac

expand collapsive

We want to enable all the update settings for our mac devices. That includes ‘Automatically keep my Mac up to date’ and all the options under the Advanced settings that will automatically check and install update. We dont want to miss any OS, system, security and app updates. In Hexnode I see a single option to schedule OS updates. How can I enable updates for all?

All Replies

• Hi @Fengge, with Hexnode UEM, you can automatically mandate OS updates for your Mac. Please note that only managed macOS devices enrolled in the Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and running macOS 10.11+ are eligible for OS update management.
    With this feature, you may instruct the devices to download or install an update as soon as it is available. You can configure a policy for this from Policies > New Policy > macOS > Security > OS Update. You may select any one of the following options –

Option Description
    Notify Only Download the software update and notify the user through the App Store.
    Download Only Download the software update without installing it.
    Download and Install Downloads the updated version and starts installation immediately. Installation begins If the software update has been previously downloaded.
    Install Install an already downloaded OS update.
    Install Later Download the software update and install it at a later time.

Learn more about the feature.

Regards,
    Zach Goodman
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Zach Goodman.