Report on devices which haven’t reported location in X days

expand collapsive

Hello-

We require our users to turn on location services so we can see where our devices are (mostly iphones and ipads), and the location service is turned on at enrollement. The issue is that many users turn that off later and we are running into issues where users have lost devices and we are unable to see where they last reported in. I would like to request a report added to the “Location Reports” that would list all devices which haven’t checked-in with location information in the past X days. I am indifferent as to what “x” is. I would think 3-days would be a good start, or make it a configurable field. This would really help us!

Thanks!

All Replies

• Hey @electricd7, thank you for the suggestion!

It is much appreciated. We’ll raise a feature request with the respective teams promptly.

Meanwhile, please take a look at the custom Reported Time filter for the Location History reports and see if that can resolve your issue.

Head over to Reports > Location Reports > Location History, and from the dropdown for the Reported Time filter, choose Custom. You can adjust the To and From dates, for the report of devices whose location report falls between the required time period.

Apply custom time reported filter for the list of devices whose location was reported within a specified time period

Oh, and don’t forget to make sure that all of your devices have their location services turned ON, and a location tracking policy associated with them.

Hope this answers your query.

Best Regards,
    Audrey Black
    Hexnode UEM