How to set HKCU registry key in hex node?

expand collapsive

We want to install an app through hex node that requires to set a key in HKCU (KH_CURRENT_USER) registry in Windows. The msi package installs the app fine when it was ran by the logged in user. However, once it is installed through hex node, it does not set it correctly. There is no error. The command succeeds. But the current user’s HKCU registry is not modified.

I believe this is because hex node runs as Administrator and thus sets it under the wrong HKCU.

How can we do this through hex node? I am sure that this problem is encountered by other people so that is why I’m asking here. Here is the key that we want to set

reg add “HKCU\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1

All Replies

• Hello @changsin-lee, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

Since the Hexnode agent app operates at the system level, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key will not apply to the currently logged in user. Please try using the HKEY_USERS instead to provide access to all the actively loaded user profiles on the system.

Do give it a try a let us know how it goes.

Feel free to contact our support team for further assistance. You can email the team at
    support@hexnode.com or call them on our toll-free numbers:

US: +1-833-HEXNODE (439-6633)
    UK: +44-8003-689920
    AU: +61-1800-165-939
    NZ: +64-9-8842599 (Direct)
    CH: +41-44-798-2244 (Direct)
    Intl: +1-415-636-7555

Best regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM