HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Enabling bluetooth pairing in Android kiosk using HexnodeSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 years ago

It appears that there’s a way to enable bluetooth pairing in Android kiosk. How is it done?

Replies (5)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Hexnode has the option to enable/disable the Bluetooth on Android devices locked down into Kiosk mode. Please navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Peripheral Settings-> Network and enable the option ‘Allow users to turn Bluetooth on/off’.  The users will now be able to turn on Bluetooth and pair with other devices.

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM

Participant
3 years ago

Able to turn on and off after following the instructions given but I am not able see the devices to which I need to connect to.

Participant
3 years ago

Stating the obvious here but sometimes it is these little things that we forget- Have u switched on the other device’s Bluetooth and made it discoverable?

Participant
3 years ago

@theo Yes. And the devices are visible in the Bluetooth section of the settings app. But not in kiosk. In fact I am not able to see any devices in the kiosk under available devices.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hello Arnold,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It seems like you have not given location permission to the Hexnode app. Grant location permission to the Hexnode app and then you will be able to see all the nearby devices that are open to Bluetooth connections.

Cheers!!
Deborah Timothy
Hexnode UEM