Re-enrolling Android devices

expand collapsive

Hi, I have an Android device which was enrolled in the Hexnode portal but it was accidentally removed from the portal. The Hexnode app in the device shows that the device is enrolled but the device could not be found in the Manage Tab inside the Hexnode portal.

All Replies

• Participant

Dakarai

Participant

You can also try removing the Hexnode app from the list of device admin apps from settings. You should be able to find the device admin apps from Settings -> Security -> Administrator settings or you can simply search for the keyword “Device Admin”.

• Participant

Evelyn

Participant

I tried to remove the Hexnode App as a device admin app but the “Deactivate” button seems to be greyed out and I am not able to click on it. It looks like uninstalling the Hexnode app from the device has been blocked.

• Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like you have enrolled your device as a device owner in the Android Enterprise Program. Devices which are enrolled as a device owner restrict the user from uninstalling the Hexnode for Work app from the device. The only way possible to re-enroll your device is to reset your device and proceed to enrolling the device again.

If the device has been enrolled using general enrollment methods, the device can be re-enrolled by simply uninstalling the Hexnode app from the device followed by enrolling the device back into the Hexnode portal.

Depending on the scenario, you can follow either of the above-mentioned methods to re-enroll your device back into the portal in case the device has been accidentally removed from the portal.

Hope I was able to answer your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode MDM