Excited for Windows 11!

expand collapsive

windows 11 is here and I’m just excited what it brings for system administrators. Is Hexnode supported on Windows 11?

All Replies

• Participant

alister

Participant

@Xander , not any time soon. We’ll wait for the general release which should be arriving around October to even start considering it. I do hear it features some exciting UI improvements and the support for Android apps (it’s cool, if we can download any apk file on the system without any downside). But not sure what are the changes for administrators.

• Participant

xaander-saans

Participant

For admins, I think we can continue use the same deployment methods and tools. However, you might need to review your servicing strategy as Windows 11 brings about changes regarding that. For Quality updates, it’ll be monthly and features update will be pushed annually. Also, they have increased the servicing support for Windows Enterprise to 36 months from the general availability date, which is good.

For your apps, they have mentioned like there will be application compatibility with Windows 10 but you could check for compatibility issues by submitting your app with their FastTrack App Assure Program.

• Participant

min-ka

Participant

We cannot even install Windows 11 for testing the desktop features due to the TPM 2.0 requirement. Our system checks and overshadows all the other requirements but we’re struck with TPM 1.2.

Either way, I really hope they fixed the BSOD issue with Windows.

• Participant

alister

Participant

@min-ka, If you’ve AMD chip, then you can turn on fTPM from BIOS … the chip may not be physically there but TPM is implemented on the system firmware level.
    Also, the Blue Screen of Death or BSOD is not going anywhere ; ) but yes hope Windows 11 does not inherits that too from its predecessors.