HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Enterprise app not showing ‘installed’ bannerSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

Hi folks, we are a team of 120 employees, we’re trying to deploy the same apk file to all devices at different intervals. We uploaded the app to the portal as a enterprise app using apk file. Also, uploaded it via manifest url. We need to use the app instances to test bugs and then after testing, push it to all devices. So, we pushed them to some company devices as an app catalog.

When users installed the apps from the device end, the app uploaded with the apk file shows the “installed” banner, but the one uploaded using manifest URL does not have this. Is this an issue?

Replies (8)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

How did you add the same app twice in the portal? Every time I try to perform that, the upload fails saying the app is already pressent in the inventory. Is it actually possible to have an app added to the inventory using apk and the same via manifest URL?

Participant
3 years ago

@Jameson Same issue here, while trying to have the app added under a different name in hexnode, the upload status displays failed.

Participant
3 years ago

Oh the apps I’ve added got different version names and code.

Participant
3 years ago

@Hailey That’s it. One cannot add the same identifier twice in the portal. What does the device scan results show in the portal for those apps?

Participant
3 years ago

This behaviour is seen after successful app scans as well. Wondering if it’s the current flow or a bug?

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

@Hailey, thanks for reaching out to us!

From your description, it’s evident that the version names of the app are different. But may I ask you if you’ve provided different version names while adding the manifest URL. In that case, i.e., if you’ve changed the version name while adding the app via manifest URL, it can create conflicts related to app compliance and installation.

@Jameson and @Aria, thanks for sharing your concerns too. The app upload may fail if you upload an enterprise app with version details the same as its previously added app in the inventory.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
Jeff Morrison
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

I am now able to get past this, all this happened due to a typo in the manifest bundle id. Silly me! Anyway, thanks guys for your time and effort. Never feels alienated here.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

@Hailey Glad to hear you resolved it fast. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Thanks!
Jeff Morrison
Hexnode UEM