API to add new app to Hexnode

expand collapsive

Hi,
Does Hexnode provide any API that can be used to add apps to app inventory and also to install them on our devices?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Archer

Hey @luella,
    Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, Hexnode does support APIs that can be used to perform app installation.

For an app that is already present on your app inventory, use the Install Application API to install the app onto your device. If the app you wish to install is not yet added to the app inventory, first add the app to your inventory using the Add App to List API. Then, install the app on your device using the Install Application API. In the case of store apps, you can directly install them using the Install Application API without adding them to the app inventory.

Please note that before installing the applications via the Install Application API, the respective devices must be enrolled in your Hexnode portal.

To know more, please refer to Hexnode API documentation.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any more queries.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

luella

Participant

I am trying to use the API that you mentioned, where I came across the Authorization field. What is the data to be filled in here? Could you please help with this?
    Authorization: api key
    Also in the Name field, is it mandatory to provide the same application name given in the Google Play Store or can we customize it?
    “name”: “Google” 

• Hexnode

Archer

In the Add App to List API’s Authorization field, enter the unique API key assigned to your portal. To access your API key, navigate to Admin > API > Your API key.

Against the Name parameter, enter the name by which the app is to be identified in your portal. It is not mandatory to use the same name given in the Google Play Store, though it is recommended for ease of use.

I hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM