Apple Business Manager, ABM is a software solution by Apple for businesses to efficiently provision their Apple devices. ABM is an integral component of Apple at Work, which is Apple’s solution to enhance productivity at workspaces using Apple devices.
ABM is a web-based console for IT administrators to provision purchased devices and purchase applications or book licenses. The devices in ABM can be enrolled in a Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution for advanced device management and distribution of the purchased licenses.
Hexnode UEM integrates with ABM as a UEM provider. Once integrated, the devices in ABM can be provisioned to be automatically enrolled in Hexnode UEM. The enrolled devices can be managed using the Hexnode UEM console. Security policies and network configurations can be enforced, and necessary applications can be distributed.
- Zero touch provisioning: The devices in ABM can be provisioned to be automatically enrolled in Hexnode UEM during the initial device setup. This saves a lot of time and effort for the IT administrators to deploy the devices.
- Remote management: The enrolled devices can be managed remotely with Hexnode UEM. Security policies can be enforced and network configurations can be deployed to the devices instantly.
- Application management: Application licenses can be distributed, revoked, and redistributed.
- Software updates: The device software and application updates can be managed remotely to keep the devices compliant and secure. The software updates can be deferred to prevent service interruption until the compatibility of the newer software is tested.
- Shared devices: Devices can be provisioned as shared devices. This allows the devices to be securely shared among multiple users while maintaining user privacy.