Apple’s Automated device enrollment automates the process of enrolling your device into your Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution using Apple Configurator 2. Devices can be supervised during activation without touching them. If the UEM solution contains an enrollment profile for the device, it can be enrolled automatically, provided the profile contains enrollment options. Automated device enrollment involves the following process:
Simplify Apple device enrollment with Hexnode
- In Apple Configurator 2, activate the device by switching it on. This is followed by selecting a device or Blueprints to prepare.
- A configuration profile with Wi-Fi information must be provided. This profile is the bridge between Apple and your mobile device management (MDM) solution.
- In Apple Configurator 2, run a command to apply the configurations, after which Apple device enrollment service downloads the configuration information.
- Now the device is enrolled with the MDM solution. Setup Assistant panes must not be visible to the users and are skipped based on the configurations.
Automated Device Enrollment works on the following devices:
- iPhones with iOS 7 or later
- iPadOS (All devices)
- Mac with OS X mavericks 10.9 or later
- Apple TV devices (4th generation or later) with tvOS 10.2 or later