Long queues are one of the worst nightmares for retailers and consumers alike. Especially for consumers who need to make huge purchases. For the customers, standing in line for several minutes provides the opportunity to think about the purchase they are about to make. This time which is spent waiting can allow customers to reconsider the necessity of the purchase and the cost. And unfortunately, if there is too much time in the queue, they can over-analyze the potential purchase or they can easily decide to set aside part of the potential purchase or even walk away without buying anything.
The mobile payment apps which work with either the Apple iPhone or iPad has all the functionality of a stand-alone point of sale register. The seller can scan barcode items, take a credit card, debit card or cash payment for the merchandise and print a detailed receipt from anywhere in the store.
Apps like Square, Shopify POS, and Cashier live focus on small and medium-sized businesses and even individual merchants. These apps have a simple interface and tie into the inventory management system and associated barcode. It also provides a customer-tracking system where businesses can include details like name, date of birth and email address for use in receipts, sending promotions and sales history. Reporting is provided too, as are integrated services and local inventory marketing with more integrations planned for the future.
These POS help businesses save time and money. Easily manage employees and keep the business moving forward.
Why POS system using iPad?
- Easily migrate products, services, customers, and employees.
- Quickly train employees, modify access permissions.
- Connect with customers using innovative features such as loyalty programs, email, and SMS.
- Compatible with pin and chip technology for optimal security.
Merchants accept payments and power their business in one easy-to-use iPad app. They connect with hardware including drawers, receipt printers, and scanners. Business owners always look for a cutting edge over their competitors to attract more customers and retain their current customers, and this includes providing excellent customer service providing an efficient, quick and cheaper form of checkout.
Real-time reporting helps assess your employees’ performance. You can also manage your inventory across channels and on the go. Customer retention data can also be drawn from it. Even in offline mode, the apps remain operational. You can even send a customer the digital copy of receipt via email or send them to duplicate anytime. With such mobility and convenience in hand, the customer keeps coming back to shops that use iPads as mobile POS devices. By using a state of the art POS system, business information is centrally located and needs to be entered only once which saves time and reduces the chance of errors.
Connect your iPad POS to a card reader and you’ll get a great combination for your business. The point-of-sale solutions through web applications or apps are affordable and are available for restaurants, retailers and other big and small merchants. They include secure online backup and powerful back-office tools. They even accept discount coupons, online ordering, Gift Cards, PayPal and Bitcoin payments depending on the software which they use. Using the NFC facility in the iPad, payment is as easy as waving your phone with the device now. With various bank associations and 24 hours’ email and customer care support for the merchants using them, the representatives setting it up ensure that all the data is centrally located to provide ease to the sellers.
Key advantages of using iPad:
- The mobility of the POS system using iPad allows orders to be placed on the move, or at a terminal. Orders for your business are immediately sent to their proper destinations with internet-enabled printers or display systems.
- The product allows guest to pay tableside. Partnering with leading names in the payment processing industries to ensure that the business is up to date on all forms of payment acceptance.
- Take control of your business with detailed, customizable reports on everything from previous sales to the current end of the day. View reports anywhere with internet access or on the go.
- Set job roles and pay rates for employees while managing their shifts and time cards with the ease of a cloud-based storage system. Monitoring inventory levels and setting alerts so you always know when to reorder supplies,before you run out.
iPad POS vs. traditional register keeping
- It is better than traditional register keeping as to know exactly what’s selling and what is not so that every item you sell is there on the merit list. Check the data and fine-tune the inventory by removing the item which is not selling. This will help in boosting sales.
- With POS system using iPad, triggers can be enabled to alert you when items are running low whereas in traditional register keeping you need to keep checking when the stock runs out.
- Inventory can be updated item by item, in mass or migrate thousands of items from other stores using bulk management features.
- As an added hardware, if we use barcode scanners with Bluetooth, they will speed up scanning items at the register. They do this while adding them to your inventory. An iPad mini gives you mobility your business requires during transactions. Give your business the speed it wants.
- Retail stores and restaurants love iPad because it not only provides what you need to start selling. It keeps your business growing.
I’m the restaurant owner and 100% agree that iPad-based pos is a future of pos systems. It’s so affordable and convinient that such system is ideal for a small business. I ordered my pos system here and stayed totally sattisfied.