Hexnode MDM gives you an option to track any device and know its recent location. This
information is available on the device details page.
(Prerequisites: For iOS devices, location tracking is enabled only if Hexnode MDM app is installed
on the device.)
To enable and configure Location on devices
Location parameters can be configured through policies being applied to the devices. Once
applied, these settings cannot be modified by the users.
1. Click on policies
2. Go to a new policy or edit an existing policy.
3. Go to Location Settings sub tab.
4. Click ‘Configure’.
5. This gives you an option to enable or disable tracking and also allows you to set the
tracking interval as shown below.
To view the current location of the device
1. Click on Management tab.
2. Click on devices.
3. Click the device for which you want to view the details.
4. This page has multiple sub tabs after a ribbon showing summary of the device.
5. Click on ‘Device Summary’ tab. This shows the Recent Location along with Hardware Info,
Enrollment details and Compliance Info for the device.