1. Android enhanced features
2. iOS Advanced restrictions
3. Windows 10 support and additional features
4. Configurator enrollment
5. Email Notification
6. No authentication enrollment
7. Brand customization
8. Adding multiple technicians
9. Location tracking enhancement
10. Self enrollment for local (non AD) users
11. Forgot password option
12. Global corporate – personal selection
13. Trial license flavor selection
14. Apply license from license manager
Android Enhanced features
A lot of new enhancements are introduced in this 5.2 build. The new features in Android include
• Silent enterprise app installation for SAFE devices
• Advanced Kiosk settings – WiFi settings, Hiding apps, Setting default apps
• Email and ActiveSync configuration
• Wallpaper settings
iOS advanced support
The Supervised mode restrictions has been added to the iOS policies, separating the restrictions section into two – basic restrictions and advanced restrictions. The advanced restrictions include:
• Device functionality: Restrictions to AirDrop, App cellular data modifications, removing apps, Book store, Adding or removing touch ID, iMessage, Game center, pairing with iTunes, configuration profile installation, podcasts, definition lookups, predictive keyboards, auto correction, spell check, Apple music services, iTunes radio, news, app installation from devices, keyboard shortcuts and pairing with watch.
• Security and privacy: restrictions to account modification, erase content and settings, Find my friends, profanity filter, spotlight internet results, restriction enabling, passcode modification, device name modification, wallpaper modification and notification modification.
• Application configuration: Restrict Automatic app downloads and configure Autonomous single app mode apps.
The other main Supervision features included are
• Web content filter
• Global HTTP Proxy
• Lock screen message
• Hide blacklisted apps
Other iOS features: Wallpaper settings for the device and specific restrictions for the Kiosk mode.
The new build supports Windows 10 mobile devices. The additional features are
• WiFi policy – WiFi settings for Windows devices are supported from this build onwards.
• Remote ring – The device can be made to ring from the MDM console.
The iOS devices can be enrolled with configuration profiles using Apple configurator.
The events occurring in the device and MDM can be notified to the admin and users via email.
No authentication enrollment
A default user can be set in the portal and all the devices will be automatically assigned to the default user. The enrollment will not require any credentials but only the server name.
The MDM logo can be customized according to the customer requirements.
Adding multiple technicians
More than one technicians can create profiles in the MDM console.
Location tracking enhancement
The location check-in feature introduced in this build will enable users to push their current location to the MDM
Self-enrollment for local users
The 5.2 build enables self enrollment option for non AD users.
Forgot password option
The new “Forgot password” option will help users to obtain a new password to the MDM portal.
Global Corporate – Personal selection
The devices can be specified as corporate or personal globally and no need to select the option manually for each enrollment.
Trial license flavor selection
During the trial, the user can select and try out each license flavor.
Apply license from license manager
The license can be upgraded based on the flavor from the license manager.