Why dynamic grouping is taking more time

expand collapsive

Hi all,
Had been checking out dynamic group feature to group devices with users based on several departments, I’ve tried creating a group with the following filters:-
-Added condition to include users from the Production department
-Exempt users from Seattle

Criteria for dynamic device group

The grouping worked fine in the beginning however as we added more devices to the department, it is not immediately showing in the new group. I had to wait for hours to get this updated.

Can anyone here tell me whether this is the actual behavior or are there any workarounds? Any advice is appreciated!

All Replies

• Participant

Nadya

Participant

That depends on your plan, I assume (someone chime in if I’m wrong). You can see it when you open the dynamic group, a small banner at the top of the screen appears to tell you the auto sync interval based on your plan.

• Hey @Raquel, thanks for reaching out to us!

Hexnode allows you the privilege to manually sync your dynamic groups at any time of your convenience. All you’ve to do is select the dynamic group (Manage > Device Groups) and click on Actions > Sync Now. You can also sync your multiple dynamic groups simultaneously. In that case, check all the device groups and click on Actions > Sync Dynamic Groups. All your devices will be immediately synced to the device group based on your specified criteria.

Even if you don’t prefer manually syncing your groups every time, Hexnode got you covered here. Based on your subscribed edition, Hexnode will automatically sync your groups at regular intervals:

Pro: Auto-syncs every 4 hours.

Enterprise: Auto-syncs every 1 hour.

Ultimate: Auto-syncs every 15 minutes.

Ultra: Auto-syncs every 5 minutes.

Feel free to check out dynamic device groups article if you think it might help.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Raquel

Participant

thanks, will check out manual sync in future instances, wasted time for it to sync automatically. Is there any way we can create additional groups (departments in our case) within a dynamic group?

• @Raquel No, but you can include additional condition filters or exclude criteria to sort the devices based on your requirements. Then, you can proactively attach policies, configurations, restrictions, and more, to these dynamic groups for effective device and user management.

Feel free to reach out if you’ve more queries.

Thanks again,
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM