Enrollment Staging phase

expand collapsive

With my business, I have to ramp up the number of users in a very short period of time. For instance, I will get word next week that I need to provision 400 + devices. Because these devices are not currently in use I do not want to enroll them into the system as I do not want to pay for the licenses. However, the enrollment process is very time-consuming. What I would like to be able to do is to enroll devices but place them into a staged status where they are ready to be managed but are not yet consuming licenses.  Once we are ready to manage the devices we can then consume a license and move them to an actively managed status. This capability exists with some of the other MDM platforms in the market.

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Hexnode currently follows a pay-as-you-grow model, where licenses can be added and removed as and when required.

However, the licensing doesn’t dynamically change with the number of devices, as we are transparent that our billing only charges for what an admin has chosen within his subscription model, with no hidden charges.

As per your suggestion, we shall take this up with our team to check if this can be implemented as an ad-hoc model, based on demand.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Jason

Participant

Thanks Thomas. I am looking for this function because the devices I work with are not currently eligible to be used with zero touch enrollment.

This is not a question about the cost of the licensing. What I want to be able to do is enroll 1000 devices and put them in a staging pool then when I need to manage them I can assign them a licenses and begin managing them.

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Jason,

Thank you for getting back to us.

At this point of time, all devices enrolled in Hexnode need to be licensed, irrespective of their current production state.

But as per your suggestion, we have taken this up with our team to check if this can be implemented.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM