iOS devices become inactive after some time

expand collapsive

Hi, I have around 50 iPhones enrolled in the Hexnode portal. Recently, a few of the devices became Inactive and I am not able to do any actions nor can I assign any policies to the device. The status in the Action History stays as pending for a while then it changes to failed after some time.

All Replies

• Hi Kourtney,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Once a device is enrolled and is managed by Hexnode MDM, the chances are very less that it can become inactive under normal circumstances. However, there are a few scenarios during which the devices can be shown as inactive and how to fix the issue in each case:

• Device is not connected to the internet – Make sure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi or the mobile data has been switched on in the device.
    • The device has been switched off – Switch on the device.
    • The device has been reset or Wipe device action has been initiated – Device has to be re-enrolled back into the Hexnode portal. DEP enrolled devices get re-enrolled automatically even if it gets wiped.
    • MDM profile/Agent has been removed from the device – Device has to be re-enrolled back into the Hexnode portal.

In all the above-mentioned cases, the device becomes inactive after the specified number of days set in the Admin tab. If the MDM profile has been removed from the device, you will be able to see a message on top of the device info page which shows “Agent Removed”. In the other cases, you will not receive any warning messages.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode MDM