Updating Apps on Android from Hexnode portal

expand collapsive

i’ve disabled play store on my employees’ devices but now there’s an app that’s gotta be updated. i pushed it through Hexnode. i don’t wanna give them access to play store. is it possible to update that particular app directly from portal?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Gabriel

Hi there @Tage! Thanks for reaching out to us!

Yes, indeed it is possible to do so. You can update the store app by navigating to the Hexnode app inventory > select the app you want to update > click on the Check for updates option from the settings icon on the top right corner. The app will now get automatically updated.

Checking for updates

Hope that answers your query.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM

• Hexnode

Gabriel

Thanks for reaching out, @Elvira!

Updating enterprise apps can be done in two ways.

The first method is to replace the old APK file with the new one in the Hexnode App Inventory. If the app to be updated was pushed as a mandatory app policy, then the app gets updated automatically, provided the policy remains associated with the device. You can also install the new version via Install Application action.

Another method is to add the higher version APK as a new app instead of replacing the old APK in the Hexnode app inventory and then pushing it to devices either via Install Application action or as a mandatory app policy.

In the case of updating enterprise apps in kiosk, if a higher version is added as a new app, then the kiosk policy must be edited, and the old app must be replaced by the newer version.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM