How do I make sure tablet don’t go offline

expand collapsive

Is there anything special I would need to do on each tablet so they report ?I see that location history. or even in their profiles ? How do I make sure they don’t go offline ?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Hi, Stefania.

There are a few things you can do to make sure the devices stay connected and report their locations accurately. If you have Samsung SAFE devices, you can force ON their GPS locations from Policies > Android Settings > Restrictions > Location Detection Policies > Force GPS Locations

On generic Android devices, you can activate Kiosk mode with their Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and GPS turned on. While in the Kiosk mode, users will have access to only those apps you have selected for them. The notifications panel and settings toggles will be disabled as well. So, the users won’t be able to disable GPS or network connectivity. This way, you can make sure the devices report their locations with the best possible accuracy.

Here’s the complete guide to turning on Kiosk mode on your tablets. Let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks and regards
    Hexnode Support Team
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)