Blocked package error in Android

expand collapsive

On my andriod tablets, when I have an application open, it closes randoming with a “blocked package” message, how can I resolve this?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for posting.

The blocked package error in Android could occur if you haven’t whitelisted the application that the device is trying to access. To access the application, you need to add the blocked package to the background app.
    For this, Navigate to Apps > +Add Apps > With Bundle ID. Provide a random app name and select a category. Under Bundle ID, provide the blocked package name. Click on Add. Once the package is added to the app, you need to add this app as a background app. Select your Kiosk policy. Choose Kiosk Settings > Android Kiosk Mode > Background Apps. Add the blocked package app here and save the policy.

Kindly use the help link for a reference.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please navigate to Android Kiosk Lockdown > Peripheral Settings > App Settings. Enable the ‘Show blocked package name on the device’ option. The name of any blocked package will now be shown on the device. Associate targets and save the policy.

Kindly use the help link for more insights into Peripheral Settings.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, Hexnode enables you to see the blocked packages corresponding to each app installed on the device:

• Navigate to Manage-> Devices and click on the desired device. You will be directed to the device summary page.
    • Go to Applications subtab, you can see the blocked package details corresponding to different apps on the devices.

Please check out our help doc on blocked package errors for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM