Disabling policy

expand collapsive

How can I disable a policy from device?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please follow the below steps for the same:

1. Navigate to the Manage tab and click on the desired device. You will be directed to the  ‘Device Summary Page’.  
    2. Navigate to the Policies sub-tab. Click on the Trash icon next to the policy that you wish to disassociate from the device. The policy will have no effect on the device from now on.

You can also navigate to the Policies tab, click on the desired policy, remove the device from the policy targets and save the policy to remove the effect of the policy on the device.

Kindly use the help link for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Isabis

Participant

I tried removing a policy from the applications subtab of the device. But I cannot see the trash button. It shows the Mapping as Devicegroup. How can I remove this policy from the device now?

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the policy is associated with a device group and not a single device, you can remove the device from the group for the policy effect to be removed from the device. The policy will take effect on the device only when it is part of the device group.
    If the device is to be removed from a custom group, navigate to the Manage-> Device Groups and click on the device group name. The member device list will be displayed. Click on the X icon at the row end along which the details of the desired device is displayed. This will remove the device from the group.
    To remove the device from the dynamic device group, navigate to Manage-> Device Groups, click on the desired group and edit the criteria. You can add a filter that will exclude the specific device from the dynamic group, such as to exclude the device with the specific IMEI number, etc. Have a look at Dynamic Device groups to know more.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM