Push apps from Play Store to devices quickly

expand collapsive

Hi Guys,
My requirement is to push certain applications, obviously from the Play Store, to all my user’s Android devices. Like, I want the apps to be pushed in a quicker way and also updates to the app also needs to get updated on the devices at much easier way. I hope you guys can meet my needs.
Thank you!

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can push the apps to the device through the Mandatory App policy. Please follow the below steps for the same:

1. Go to the Policies tab. You can either create a new policy or choose to edit an already existing policy.
    2. Navigate to Android-> App Management-> Mandatory Apps. Click on ‘+Add’ and add the desired app or app group. Click Done.
    3. Associate targets and save the policy.

For the silent installation of app, you can enroll the device in Android Enterprise and push the desired apps as Managed Google Apps. The updates to these apps will also happen automatically in the devices.

Kindly use the help link for more info on Mandatory Apps.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

eva-tyler

Hi Elian,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The option ‘Remove apps from the device on policy removal’ removes the mandatory apps from the device when the policy is deleted or removed from the device or the mandatory app is removed from the policy.

Mandatory apps enforce the app installation on the device end. So, if the user fails to install the app or removes the app from the device, the installation action would be pushed to the device automatically at regular intervals until the app is installed on the device.

Following are the conditions where the mandatory app scan would be removed from the device when the option ‘Remove apps from the device on policy removal’ is enabled:

• Policy is deleted within the Hexnode portal.
    • Policy is removed from the device
    • Apps are removed from the mandatory app policy.

This option is supported on Android and iOS devices.

Silent App uninstallation of in-house apps (APK Files) are supported on Samsung Knox, LG GATE, Kyocera business phones, rooted Android, Android devices with Hexnode MDM app as system app, Android devices with Hexnode MDM System Agent app or platform signed Hexnode MDM System Agent app and in devices enrolled in the Android Enterprise program as device owner.

Silent uninstallation of Store apps is supported for devices enrolled in Android Enterprise.  Other devices prompt the user to uninstall the app from the device.

Silent app uninstallation is supported for supervised iOS devices.

Cheers,
    Eva Tyler
    Hexnode MDM