Install application specific file

expand collapsive

We use FileMaker Go on our iOS devices to access our hosted database.  In order to simplify granting users access to our hosted database and avoid having to manually enter the URL for the host on in the application on each device, we can install a file in the FileMaker Go’s “Documents” folder on the iOS device.  This folder exists within the application’s folder.  When the FileMaker Go launches, it shows the files in that folder.  The user is then able to tap that file and via a script in the file it will open the hosted database.  I am able to do this manually via iMazing, so I know it works.

I need to be able to upload a file to our hexnode account (via a Policy?) and have that file installed in a designated application folder on the iOS device (iPhone and/or iPad).  I know other iOS applications also have Documents folders.  I am assuming this same capability would be valuable to other applications installed on iOS devices.  Furthermore, it could be used to simply install other files that the user could benefit from if files can also be installed in the iOS’ Files folder.  For example, company policy, forms, etc.

Thanks!

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

We do not support this feature at the moment.
    We have raised a ticket here regarding the same. We will keep you posted regarding the updates.

Please stay tuned for our latest releases, here.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM