Kiosk exit password preference

expand collapsive

I am having a doubt regarding the kiosk exit password for Android devices. I can see that 2 passwords can be set, one under Admin tab and the other one through a policy. So, which password should I provide on the device to exit from kiosk? A bit confused though ?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hi Alva,

Thanks for posting in forum.

To exit from the Android Kiosk you have to tap the Home Screen 10 times rapidly and enter the password.
    If you have configured a password in ‘Kiosk exit settings’ under ‘Kiosk lockdown’ in the policy applied, please use this password to exit from the kiosk mode.
    Only if such a password has not been configured through any of the policies applied to the device, then the Kiosk mode can be exited using the default password in Admin–>General Settings–>Global Exit Settings.

Kindly use the help link to know more about how to exit the Android Kiosk mode using Hexnode MDM.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

The Windows kiosk mode can be exited by the following methods:

1. Disassociate the Policy
    2. Archive the policy

If the methods mentioned above fail to remove the kiosk policy from the device, press CTRL+ALT+DEL. This locks the screen and allows users to sign in with a different account from the login page.

Use the help link for further insights into the same.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM