File Management/Login on macOS

expand collapsive

Hi! Is it possible to use custom mobile configurations? I want to distribute profiles with configurations for our software deployment client. Can I upload my own .mobileconfig file and push it to macOS devices?
For example, if I create a profile in Apple Profile Manager for Mac login window message and export it as a .mobileconfig, can I use this with Hexnode to push it to devices?

All Replies

• Hey Jack! We do not have the option to upload .mobileconfig files to macOS devices currently. Meanwhile, configuration profiles you are trying to create with Apple Profile Manager can be achieved via policies in Hexnode MDM.
    Glance through the Getting started with Mac management help doc for a preview on macOS device management.

Cheers!
    Amy Watson
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

i-davidson

Participant

Hello Amy – what is the status of this feature to add custom .mobileconfigs to macOS devices.  Is it still planned?  I have not seen this as a planned feature in the pricing page for any of the editions including ultra. Thanks for an update.

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!
    Our development team is working on the feature and it should be available in a couple of months. We will inform you as soon as we have an ETA from the team.

Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

Cheers!

The Hexnode MDM Team

• Participant

Rohan

Participant

Any update when mobileconfig management for controlling privacy permissions for apps like “full disk access” etc will be available?
    It’s very much a requirement now for MacOs big sur as there’s not other scripted workaround anymore (that I’m aware of), and these settings can only be managed via MDM mobileconfig.

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Rohan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It seems like the full disk access permission to be remotely deployed is currently being developed by our engineering team.

Kindly drop us an email at mdm-support@hexnode.com, sharing your Hexnode account details to ensure that you shall be kept in loop with the developments on the same.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM