Multi app kiosk and WebClip

expand collapsive

I think I just found a problem with the Kiosk settings for iOS.I have a WebClip shortcut set on the policy, but when I goto Multi App Kiosk and select all of the apps we want, AND Safari, the WebClip shortcut doesn’t appear. But if Multi App Kiosk is removed, the shortcut appears.

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Hey Vince! I’m sorry but the multi app kiosk and the webclip does not work together, only one of them work at a time.

But there is an alternative solution to this, you can set a policy to Blacklist unnecessary apps, and then apply the Webclip on the same or different policy,

so hence the device would work like a kiosk and you can have the Webclip as well.

Thanks and regards
    Evalyn Paul
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll-Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll-Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll-Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

• Hi @Yu-Yan, Web Clips added from Hexnode can be configured to be removable or not. If you configured it not to be not removable, users should not be able to remove it, whether it be from the web app kiosk or the home screen. You can configure that on the policy where you’ve added these Web Clips. On the policy, go to iOS > App Management > Web Clips, unmark the checkbox for the column labelled Removable. By default, this option will be marked and hence, if unchanged, will allow any user to remove the web clips even from the kiosk.

Also, web clips are not the same as apps and hence, disabling the uninstall apps options wouldn’t restrict the user from deleting the Web Clips you have configured. Therefore, please configure your Web Clips policy following the above steps; next time, users wouldn’t be able to uninstall the Web Clips from your devices.

Cheers!
    Zach Goodman
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Zach Goodman.