Two instances of the same device on the portal

expand collapsive

Hi, i have a device that refuses to disenroll from the server. The device was reset so the hexnode app was deleted, i have reinstalled the app and it let me enroll the same device on the server again which i can see and that works fine however there are now 2 instances of the same device. Was wondering if it’s possible for you to forcibly remove it as nothing i do seems to work

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Hey Troy! This would happen because the disenrollment action has not been performed, make sure you initiate the “disenroll device” action, here is how it is done

1. Go to Management tab.

2. Click the name of the device

3. Click Actions and select Disenroll Device. You would be prompted to enter the password of your portal, once that is done, the action would be initiated.

4. Click Actions again, Now, the Mark as disenrolled option would be visible, select it, type in your portal password and hit Go.

The duplicate instance would now be marked disenrolled and will no longer show up under Management > Devices.

Thanks and regards
    Evalyn Paul
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll-Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll-Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll-Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Only pre-approved devices that are not yet enrolled in the portal by the user can be deleted by the ‘Delete Device’ option in the Actions drop-down. This will remove the device entry from the portal. However, if the user has already enrolled the device, you will have to disenroll the device for the entry to be removed from the portal.

Check out the help doc on deleting a device for more details.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM