Migration Guide for switching from another MDM to Hexnode

expand collapsive

I have been evaluating Hexnode for a while, and I would like to know about the migration process, Can anyone help me out?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

There are a few things that you have to consider while migrating from one MDM to another.
    Please use the help link to know more about the same in detail.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Michelle.
  • Participant

harlow

Participant

been planning deployment for my client devices, which is basically android. So, if I am planning to migrate all of my android devices, (it’s currently 100 in number and planning to scale up to 250 in future), what would be the major considerations? They are all for corporate deployment (Currently AE); which makes the migration process a big deal indeed…….

• Hexnode

Michelle

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to Hexnode.

First of all, can you please fulfill your requirements?

1. Are your devices enrolled in Android Enterprise via Managed Domain? Or is that via G Suite?
    2. What is the Android version of the devices?

Michelle Hendricks
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Michelle.
  • Hexnode

Michelle

That looks great!

Since you use a G Suite account, you can initially transfer all your users from the G Suite console to the Hexnode console. This would definitely automate the user creation process, eliminating the requirement of manual user creation.

Now, you may configure Android Enterprise using G Suite, followed by device enrollment. You do have the provision for enrolling the devices in both Profile Owner and Device Owner via G Suite. If you are planning for a BYOD implementation, then ‘Profile Owner’ should be your preference. Else, you may go for ‘Device Owner’ for a complete corporate deployment.

Apart from this, there are other requirements to be addressed before initiating a migration process. The migration process basically goes in three steps.

1. Pre-migration phase
    2. Migration phase
    3. Post-migration phase

The migration steps to be carried out in each phase are detailed in our migration checklist.

Now, for a smooth transition of Android devices from your previous UEM vendor to Hexnode,

1. Remove assets from current MDM and back up required data.
    2. If you’ve got Samsung Knox devices, create a Knox portal account to automate the enrollment process. For compatible reseller purchased devices, create a zero-touch enrollment portal to achieve automatic enrollment.
    3. Configure G Suite, Android Enterprise, Samsung KME, and Android ZTE (if you are planning to use these services with Hexnode UEM).
    4. Sync users from directory services to Hexnode UEM.
    5. Disenroll devices from current MDM.
    6. Enroll devices into Hexnode UEM.

Have a look through migrating Android devices for detailed steps.

Michelle Hendricks
    Hexnode UEM