How to hide the notifications on Android phones using Hexnode MDM?

expand collapsive

While the Android phone is in kiosk mode, I want to hide all of the notification. I See the option to hide status bar in Android restrictions. But this is for Samsung Knox and device owner only. This phone is Sony. Can this be done for Sony phones?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, this can be done. You will be able to disable the status bar on Android devices locked down to kiosk mode:

• Navigate to Policies-> New Policy-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Peripheral Settings.
    • Uncheck Enable Status bar.
    • Associate targets and save the policy.

Please check out our help doc on disabling status bar for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hello Orla,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Disabling the status bar is indeed for Android devices locked in kiosk mode. However, you can always make use of Lock Screen Customizations to block the notifications from being displayed on your lock screen.  Go to Policies > New Policy > Android > Advanced Restrictions > Lock Screen Customizations and disable Lock Screen Notifications. Note that the devices must be enrolled in Android Enterprise as Device Owner for this restriction to work.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• One more thing, what if I want notifications to be shown  in kiosk. Sound strange? Hear me out. I want them to get notifications that I send through hexnode when the device is in kiosk BUT DON’T WANT THEM TO GET notifications in the lockscreen.

• @orla, By default, the user will not be able to see the messages the admin sends when the device is in kiosk mode. However, we have an option to enable the user to see the messages sent by the admin. Head over to Policies > New Policy > Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Peripheral Settings > Messenger and enable the option, View messages sent by admin.
    Feel free to reach out for any more queries

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM