Invalid CSR when creating a APN certificate

expand collapsive

Hi, I generated the CSR via Admin-APN and upload it into the Apple dev portal.  Got the Invalid CSR prompt.  Anyone encountered the same problem?  Appreciate any advices.  Thank you.

Siong

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly ensure that you upload the same CSR which was downloaded via Hexnode -> Admin -> APNs. This error shall occur if by chance a wrong CSR file is uploaded instead of the one found in your Hexnode account.

This error could also occur when the downloaded file was opened and a change was accidentally affected on it prior to uploading it. Kindly ensure to keep the file un-edited while downloading and uploading to the APNs console.

Please have a look at this below help document for more info in the same.
    https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/renew-apns-certificate/

We are available to be reached out at mdm-support@hexnode.com, should you need more support on the same.

Cheers!
    Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Pablo

Participant

Getting an error “The certificate signing request you entered appears to be invalid. Make sure that request file was uploaded is in the correct format and not empty”, while renewing my Apple Push cert. Why is this happening and how can I renew my certificate?

• Participant

Hedaya

Participant

Have you edited the downloaded txt file? I once encountered this error and I have wasted hours trying to figure out whether it an Hexnode or Apple issue. Later found that it was me who created that, LOL!
    I had accidently edited the CSR before uploading, this is a silly mistake that could happen to anyone. If this caused the issue, simply using a newly generated CSR file would work.