Crash Report of an application

expand collapsive

Hi, I had an issue with “Google Docs” application which is one of the managed apps that I have installed using Hexnode. It is crashing every time I try open the application. Could someone tell me if I could obtain the crash reports of the application from the device or by using the Hexnode portal?

All Replies

• Hi Caleb,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately, we do not have the option to generate the device bug reports from the Hexnode portal. However, you can generate the device bug reports from the device end. You can follow the steps given below to generate bug reports from the device:

1. Navigate to Settings > About Device.
    2. Click on Build Number 7 times, and the Developer Options will get enabled.
    3. Go back to the Settings home page and select “Developer options”.
    4. Click on “Bug Report” and select “Full Report”.

The bug report will get downloaded to your device. You can either analyze the bug report by yourself on why the particular application has been crashing in your device, or you can always reach out to us at mdm-support@hexnode.com. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries.

However, you will be able to fetch the feedback log of certain Managed Google Play applications, which are custom designed to support the app feedback channel.

Hope I was able to answer your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

• Hey Leah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and coming up with an interesting question!

We do have an option to obtain the feedback of certain applications from the portal. However, we will only be able to obtain the feedback of certain managed Google apps which support this feature.

Follow the steps given below to obtain the app feedback of those supported applications:

1. Go to Manage tab and select your device.
    2. Click on Actions and select the “Request Application Feedback” option.
    3. A feedback request will be sent to the device, and the feedback of every supported app on the device will sync to the Hexnode console.
    4. Now you can navigate to the Applications sub-tab and find the application for which you need to obtain the app feedback.
    5. Click on the Gear icon corresponding to the app and click on View Feedback.
    6. Now you can click on the Sync icon to get the latest feedback of the application.

Every time you click on the Sync icon, the latest feedback of the application will be generated in the window.

Hope this helps you in answering your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM